- Graphic Designer (Jnr-Mid Weight)
- Job Reference: 0598
- Salary: $60,000 (incl. super)
- South Melbourne, VIC
- Full-time Position
Our client is looking for a Junior-Mid Weight Graphic Designer. This position is to work predominantly on a single retail client. The work entails designing in-store point-of-sale, local area marketing collateral, press, magazines, catalogues, as well as creating brand identities and campaign frameworks. This role is very fast paced. As one of the designers you would work in teams, pairs and on your own. You would also be required to confidently share and present your own work internally and to the client as required.
- Strong skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are a must.
- Excellent working knowledge within Adobe CS Suite.
- Strong typography, layout and some retouching skills.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of the print production process especially in magazine and catalogue.
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for great design and typography.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines (when required).
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Can handle quick turn arounds.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Retail advertising experience is desirable (supermarket or department store).
- Understanding of digital design and above the line advertising.
- Illustration skills are welcomed but not a requirement.
- Presenting own work internally and to the client.
- Participating in design team daily WIPs and internal creative reviews.
- Be conceptual and proactive, and willing to take design direction.
- Collaborate with other creative teams (internal and external).
If this sounds like you, don’t wait, give Sally a call today on 0403 302 831 and email your CV/folio to firstname.lastname@example.org