- Events Coordinator (NGO).
- Job Reference: 0558.
- $55-$60K salary (plus super).
- Sydney, New South Wales.
- Full Time
The Events Coordinator within a not-for-profit organisation is responsible for the delivery and coordination of the business’s events and training programs at the national level and within States as required, ensuring they meet industry needs and are professionally marketed, organised, conducted and evaluated.
- Report to the National Manager Events and work with colleagues in each State office to ensure that a consistent approach to events and training are delivered across the country.
- Assist with the coordination of events and training at State level as appropriate.
- Participate in the National Summit Advisory Committee and undertake tasks as required including identifying potential speakers, preparing briefing material for speakers and conduct pre-event briefings consistent with the National Summit objectives.
- Liaise and communicate with event participants including delegates, sponsors, suppliers and speakers in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain the events electronic database for recording registrations, member and stakeholder interactions and generate reports as required.
- Assist with processes and event rollout as required.
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with the Marketing and Communications team and ensure all event and training information is included appropriately on the website.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of events, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communication team.
- Liaise with venues and suppliers to confirm bookings, orders and event related requirements.
- Manage enquiries regarding events.
- Promote the business’s services to members, non-members and other stakeholders, identify potential new members and "soft sell" at conferences, seminars and other appropriate gatherings.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form
- Communicate effectively in group situations
- Prioritise work, schedule work activities in advance and be relied on to follow through on tasks.
- Able to keep track of priorities and give supervisor early warning of possible problems.
- Shows initiative and is proactive in looking for improvements to work practices.
- Offer advice and services to meet customer needs and provide solutions to problems
- Deliver on promises made to customers
- Develops relationships with customers in order to achieve goals
- Take responsibility
- Act with confidence
- Act on own initiative
- Understand others
- Adapt to the team
- Listen to others
- Consult others
- Communicate proactively
- Keep others informed
- Support others, as well as developing and communicating self-knowledge and insight
- Write clearly and fluently
- Write in an expressive and engaging style
- Produce solutions
- Make judgments
- Tertiary qualifications in event management or a related field are highly desired.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the event industry.
- Capacity to meet deadlines under pressure.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent personal presentation and professional image.
- Interstate travel may be required
- After hours work may be required
Do you think you’re the right fit? If yes, give Sally Brownbill a call on 0403 302 831 or email her you CV to email@example.com